Car Transmission Service
Excessive heat is the most common cause of Automatic Transmission Failure. Also towing anything from boats to caravans and trailers, regardless how big, how far or how often, dramatically increases the heat generated by your vehicle's transmission.
Carrington Street Auto Repairs have great experience in fitting and servicing Automatic and Manual Transmissions. Enquire at Carrington Street Auto Repairs now about a transmission cooler to suit your vehicle or book quality transmission repair now.
When should you fit a transmission oil cooler?
A quality oil cooler, correctly fitted will reduce transmission oil temperature and prolong transmission life. It will also reduce the demand on your radiator and the possibility of engine overheating.
Carrington Street Auto Repairs recommends that you fit a transmission oil cooler to your car if you are:
• towing caravans, boats or trailers
• carrying heavy loads
• driving up and down steep inclines
• driving in mud, snow or sand
• driving in stop/start traffic
• driving in 4WD
• enjoy racing or high performance vehicles
• driving in hot weather conditions
Why should I fit a transmission oil cooler to my car?
To reduce transmission oil temperature and prolong transmission life you should consider installing a quality oil cooler. Correctly fitted, the oil cooler will also relieve the demand on your vehicle's radiator, making it more efficient and reducing the possibility of your engine overheating. With timely check up and advance safety measures you can prevent potentially expensive and inconvenient transmission repairs.
To enhance the performance and lifespan of your automatic transmission, Carrington Street Auto Repairs recommends:
• Ensure regular preventative car servicing and parts maintenance
• Correct servicing and adjustments - not just flushing the oil - are critical to the longevity of your transmission
• Immediate attention to oil leaks, noises, clunks or anything unusual could be "the stitch in time"!
• Consider using a synthetic transmission fluid
• Sensible driving with consideration to the prevailing conditions, such as hot weather, steep inclines and even head winds!
Ask Carrington Street Auto Repairs about the car service benefits and reliable advice (for example - should I tow in overdrive?).
You can trust Carrington Street Auto Repairs for all your Transmission needs.
To prevent potentially expensive and inconvenient transmission repairs, inquire now about a transmission oil cooler to suit your vehicle or book online for regular check-up in advance to preventively sort out any car issues before serious repairs are needed. All makes and types of vehicles serviced and repaired, full range of spare parts.
Trading Hours: Open Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm